Latest Guidelines: (As of July 30, 2021)
- Masks are option for those that are fully vaccinated but still required for all others.
The City of Phoenix and the Convention Center are open and ready to welcome attendees. Even as restrictions are changing, your safety continues to be our number one concern. ESA will monitor and follow guidance from public health agencies on the safest way to welcome you to Phoenix and the networking and educational opportunities at #ESACon21.
We will update weekly with new information. ESA is in close coordination with the Phoenix Convention Center and we will continually update you on any rules or restrictions that change. We are also monitoring changes to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to plan and execute a safe and responsible #ESACon21 allowing all of us in the Energy Storage Industry an opportunity to join in Phoenix for #ESACon21.
Below are specific details related to parts of the conference that all attendees should be aware of. We will update as new information is available. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- All attendees must register in advance by 8:00PM ET/5:00PM PT on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- No on-site registrations will be provided.
- Attendee check-in including pick-up of badges and materials will be through Express Entry desks located at the three (3) Host hotels at which attendees are staying. Anyone not reserving a room at one of the Host hotels by November 1, 2021 will be assessed a $150USD administration fee so that we can provide alternative Express Entry Local attendees will be assigned an Express Entry desk at which to pick up their badge and conference materials.
- Attendees will be provided the opportunity to indicate on their badge that they would prefer that other attendees maintain social distance from them.
- All attendees will be required to sign a COVID-19 Release and Waiver of Claims here as part of registration.
- Only registered attendees will be allowed into the conference. This means that others including spouses, guests, children, etc. will not be allowed into the conference.
- We are requesting that all attendees stay at one of the three (3) host hotels. This enables us to ensure we follow CDC and Phoenix health department guidance on large events. View our hotels here.
- Attendee check-in including pick-up of badges and materials will be through Express Entry desks located at the Host hotels at which attendees are staying.
- Anyone not reserving a room at a Host Hotel by November 1st will be assessed a $150USD administration fee so that we can provide alternative Express Entry
During the Event
- Require that anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 or COVID-19 like symptoms not enter the Phoenix Convention Center or any part of the conference.
- Masks are still required when in both indoor and outdoor public places throughout the city of Phoenix.
- All attendees will be required to provide their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while at the conference, including but not limited masks and gloves.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed, and meeting rooms will be set with a minimum of 6’ aisles between each row of chairs and all chairs will be set extra space between seats. ESA is not responsible for the set-up in private meeting rooms.
- The Expo Hall layout has been designed to provide for social distancing both in the exhibit and other areas of the hall. The Expo hall also has one-way aisles to provide for social distancing while moving around the hall.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Convention Center and conference for attendees.
- Food Service will include catering staff wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and new guidelines for food service protocols, social distancing and cleanliness.
- Masks are still required at the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and on public transportation in Phoenix.
Current CDC Guidelines for Large Events and Gatherings
CDC continues to recommend avoiding large events and gatherings. Read the latest CDC guidelines
Phoenix Convention Center (PCC) facilities went through the multi-step process to become a GBAC Star™ Accredited Facility. The PCC achieved this accreditation after demonstrating compliance with the program’s twenty elements and will implement them in our daily practices. Learn more about this accreditation.
Food Safety and Sanitation has always been a top priority for Aventura Catering (The Phoenix Convention Center caterer). To ensure our standards continue to go above and beyond in the post-COVID-19 environment, we have added to the recommendations of leading organizations like the FDA, NRA, OSHA, NIH, CDC, and the WHO. Learn more about their health and safety protocols.